Flow Storage Rack Systems
Flow Storage Racking: Improve Efficiency With Innovative Flow Storage
Pallet flow systems are high density pallet storage systems that utilize depth to increase capacity. Pallet flow systems are also called gravity flow or dynamic flow systems.
Flow systems use a slightly inclined rail with rollers that allow pallets to move easily along the sloped plane. The pallet flow system often has complex motion and braking systems to control the speed of the moving pallet.
Pallet flow racking systems are either a FIFO (first in, first out) or a LIFO (last in, first out) storage system. If the system is loaded from the back and unloaded from the front, its FIFO; if the system is loaded and unloaded from the front its a LIFO system.
- Faster turnaround time with product movement
- High number of pallets - low number SKUs
- Eliminates excess aisles saving valuable space
- Labor & equipment cost reduced
- Quicker & more accurate inventory audit