Weighted skate wheels were being used in a case sealer application which caused the center of the box to compress and thus not seal very well. So Brian Hester of AEC and Omni Conveyor, put together an idea of this adjustable dual belt conveyor that will allow the customer to adjust both the height of the opening as well as the width internally. Both belts are ran from a single drive unit with a pulley system and on the outside is a gauge so the operator can easily tune the height before the run of product. Top belt is Teflon coated to try and keep the glue buildup down and both are v guided belts. See a video of this conveyor on the AEC Youtube Channel by clicking the following link Omni Case Sealer Conveyor .
- Five Presidents have lived in the White House, including the first African-American President
- The Dow has gone from closing at 1,546 in 1985 to closing at 11,577 in 2010
- Reality TV
- ESPN is the world leader in sports programming
- The first internet domain name is registered in 1985 (symbolics.com)
- Microsoft has initial public offering in 1986
- The Internet and Googling obsoletes World Book Encyclopedias
- Berlin Wall falls in 1989
- Personal Computers become smaller and portable.
- Cellular phones become huge in the market place while shrinking in actual size
- Formal end to Cold War in 1992
- Y2K scares the world
- More than 3,000 people die in terrorist attacks on Twin Towers, the Pentagon and a 4th hijacked plane crashes in Pennsylvania due to the heroics of the passengers on board on 9/11/2001
- Europeans agree to one currency….the Euro debuts in 2002
- The 2nd Gulf War begins in 2003 with the bombing of Iraq
- In 2006, the one billionth song is downloaded from Apples iTunes
- 1st female Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi is sworn in
- $700 billion bailout is passed in 2008
At the 2010 annual Advanced Equipment Company Christmas Party held on December 23rd, the company celebrated our latest milestone. Lois Floyd was presented with the AEC Eagle Award for 25 years of dedicated service, an honor for a growing group of employees past and present within the AEC family.
Lois is the Eighth recipient of this distinguished award. Larry Abernathy presented the award to her in front of her family, friends and appreciative co-workers.
Lois was hired in 1985 at the recommendation of Carolyn Kiker and Betty Neyens, and with the “Nod” of affirmation from the Abernathy family matriarch of the time, the late Lillian Abernathy. It was a wise choice as Lois has proven to be a most valuable employee. Her outstanding customer service work has a stellar reputation, and has led to dozens of valuable and close friendships with suppliers and customers alike. Thank you Lois Floyd!
Thank you for visiting our new blog. Please check back shortly while we add new articles…